Violent men doing what violent men always do. Fear, intimidation, and violence. Their feelings are NOT more important than our safety. These are not women. They will never be women. No amount of bullying, silencing or violence is going to change that biological fact.
Jessica Winfield, 50, who as Martin Ponting raped two young girls, was moved after starting gender reassignment treatment on the NHS — despite still having a penis.
She was segregated last week after being reported for making inappropriate advances to other prisoners.
A source said: “It beggars belief why a convicted double rapist like Jessica is allowed to mix with females despite still having her penis intact.
“Prison bosses were worried she would try it on with inmates and their fears have come true.
“Inmates were furious to be lumbered with a convicted rapist in the first place and they’re even more angry now.”
Ponting was jailed for life in 1995 and began transitioning to a woman once behind bars.
The Sun revealed in March the switch to women-only HMP Bronzefield in Surrey. One of the rapist’s victims called it “a kick in the teeth”
So who’s human rights are being violated? I think biological women, but you know that’s tabboo to say. Apparently housing a violent rapist with women is way more imporatant than their saftey. NATCH.
Give me a god damn break Huffington Post…
Although I studied many subjects in college, my interest especially aligned with the radical thinking of my queer theories coursework. Queer theory obliterates the idea of good and bad sex and what should and should not be deemed deviant. As such, my courses covered gay history, the timeline of the gay rights movements, queer theory, and the burgeoning transgender studies, as well as genderqueers, kink, sexual fluidity, and asexuality.
But there was a strange silence in these class discussions as well. As my education continued, I began thinking about other people who transgressed cultural norms of sexuality, other people whose sexual desires had been labeled deviant — people who even queer theory courses weren’t talking about. There might be no group more maligned, marginalized, and disconcerting as modern-day America’s “sex offenders.”
In treatment, lawmaking, and cultural discourse, sex offenders are referred to as participating in deviant sexual behavior, having deviant sexual fantasies, and being inherently “deviant” themselves. From one angle, this is true; all sex offenders have deviated from the boundaries of one or more laws regarding sex or the body.
But sociologist Joel Best describes the problematic nature of how the term “deviance” is used in our culture. In his book Deviance, he emphasizes that “a deviant label was simply a sign that some groups with power had singled out some acts or conditions for disapproval.” The term means that, according to the rules of a powerful few, something is inherently wrong with you if you are not like everybody else. In other words, deviance becomes a viral social construct that serves as a moral imperative to dictate and intimidate people into behaving.
Creepy dudes trying to “destigmatize other creepy dudes” Fuck this shit. His rantings about Megan’s, Jessica’s and Chelsea’s laws are infuriating. Who cares about the victims, mainly female/children. These men are having their feelings hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read the rest here…
Men silencing women and being absolutely gleeful about it. Cool that their community has coalelsced around misogyny like pretty much all male communities do. #womenwakeup
A “woman” convicted of sexually assaulting children will have to reside in a halfway house after completing her sentence due to concerns she is a risk to reoffend following her release.
According to documents from the Parole Board of Canada dated Sept. 1, Madilyn Harks, who was formerly known as Matthew Ralf Harks, will face a residency condition upon her statutory release. She will also be required to follow a treatment plan, respect a curfew and follow psychological counselling. She will be prohibited from having any contact with children under the age of 18 unless supervised by an adult who is aware of her criminal history, and must avoid locations where children may be expected to congregate.
Harks began serving a three-year sentence for sexual assault against a seven-year-old female in April 2007. She was released in 2010 and began a 10-year long-term supervision order.
According to the parole board, that supervision order, which was lifted in July 2014, was “rife with compliance issues.”
Harks was convicted of two breaches in April 2016 and received a 330-day sentence.
The board said one of those breaches related to a long-term relationship with an incarcerated male sex offender that Harks had been in for more than a year without disclosing it to her parole officer.
In the second breach, the parole board said Harks chartered a plane and a taxi to go to a residence in another province to obtain money for the man, whom she was engaged to.
“Your actions were discovered because you did not pay the charter pilot, who contacted the police,” the documents indicate.
At the time of Harks’ offence in 2007, she was on probation following two convictions of sexual assault against two children aged four and five years old.
“You have also admitted to having approximately 60 victims and you estimate having committed 200 offences, with some of those offences being multiple offences against some of your victims,” the parole board stated.
The board noted that in April 2006, Harks was identified in a dangerous offender psychiatric assessment as having an “all encompassing preoccupation with interest in sexually abusing young girls.”
The documents indicate Harks could also be facing charges for three alleged offences that took place recently while she was in custody: assault, unlawful confinement and sexual assault.
“The targets of your alleged offences have children and are considered to be childlike in appearance,” the documents read.
“At the time of writing this decision, there was no indication as to whether Crown would be approving charges.”
Harks is also subject to conditions imposed by the court in March 2014 that prohibit her from attending facilities including daycare centres, school grounds or playgrounds. She is also banned from using a computer system for the purpose of communicating with a person under the age of 14.
Harks has undergone gender reassignment, and legally changed her name sometime between April 2010 and August 2012.
[The following is a guest post which was submitted as a series of comments by Weirdward. The post title, images, archives, and some minor editing was done by me. I also added a few words and links in brackets at the end of the post–GM] GUEST POST by WEIRDWARD I just came across […]
This is very important. It’s important to shine a spotlight on these dudes and their criminal behavior. This man broke into a woman’s home, held her at knife point, stole from her and still he was deemed worthy to align with an actual woman’s organization. This is crazy. Wake up lib fems!!
A 20-year-old woman was tortured, bound and stabbed to death by a man and his transgender lover for a suspected ‘perverted pleasure’, a court heard.
Bethany Hill was found drenched in blood with stab wounds to her neck and hands bound with tape in the bathroom of a flat on February 3 last year.
Her two flatmates Kayleigh Louise Woods, 23, and Jack Williams, 21, were later arrested and charged with her murder.
Warwick Crown Court was told today the ‘sadistic’ killing may have been done by Williams for ‘perverted pleasure’ and that Woods ‘joined in with her lover to please him.’
Sentencing the pair, Judge Richard Griffith-Jones said: “Kayleigh Woods and Jack Williams you have both been found guilty of murdering a young woman, Bethany Hill, who was vulnerable and needed help.
“The circumstances of the killing demonstrates a complicated, emotional chemistry.
“There is the possibility that the motivation for this killing may have had a sexual aspect.
“The evidence that supports that is the doll, the duct tape and the complicated relationship between the defendants and the deceased.
“I’m unable to say which of the defendants was a controlling force, if there was a controlling force.
“The evidence compels me to this being a sadistic killing.”
This never happens, right?
Nothing pisses dudes off more than women not listening to them. This is the direst result of women not 100% capitulating to angry men (some who happen to call themselves women) and their handmaidens. Imagine having your brain so colonized on the gender koolaid that this seems like a good idea? Remember folks, TERF and SWERF are misogynistic slurs meant to silence women. This is hate speech.
A WOMEN’S Library “h8” women. LOOOOL You know who hates women? The people who are trying to destroy a library run by women for women! Below is a response form the Guerrilla Feminist Collective…
GAG / Gays Against Gentrification have vandalized the building housing the Vancouver Women’s Library. This latest action is prompting the following comparison of this new alt-white group’s activism.
♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂
Protest methods against for-profit business in Chinatown:
* Stand across the street, 1/2 a block away, sing a nice christmas song with the lyrics changed protesting gentrification & racism (as an all white group)
* Inch closer, but remain outside the business, on the far side of the sidewalk so as not to disrupt customers and business operations
* Smile, sing, display signs neatly and respectfully, either laid on the sidewalk or in their hands
* Abide by all common-sense understandings of legal protest on/near private property
* Take responsibility for and pride in their action
Protest methods against volunteer-run, no-profit, free & inclusive women’s library on the night of their launch:
* Shout and scream slurs at library visitors outside
* Enter and take over the space with outraged entitlement
* Jason, a white male, continually asks which women inside are sex workers, and shouts “we don’t want you in our fucking spaces”, referencing the fact that he outed himself as a “trans person involved in sex work” thereby staking a claim to the area (?) which is a well known hunting ground for Johns seeking children and indigenous women specifically. Jason, are you a John? Can you clarify what you meant by “involved in sex work”? This can have so many meanings. TIA
* Destroy and steal library property: ripping artwork, destroying books, stealing wine, pulling the fire alarm
* Physically intimidate and assault library visitors outside
* Scream sexist slurs at women library visitors outside
* Bar library visitors from entering the space, actually turning people away who travelled in the heavy snow to reach the library
* Steal hand-painted sandwich board outside the library
* Vandalize the building that houses the library. A space shared by a diverse group of artists and artisans, jeopardizing the safety, livelihood, and work of many, not just that of the library.
* Discard all common-sense understandings of legal protest inside or on private property
* Deny any responsibility for their actions although almost every member of GAG was present and engaged
* Repeatedly claim to be committed to engaging in learning and discourse, yet reject, shut down, delete any and all criticisms, coming from a wide range of people and groups.
Remember this bravery from about a week ago? A self identified “woman” screaming at women demanding his needs and wants be taken seriously. Some serious ANARCHY! WOW! BRAVO! Good for you, trying to silence and destroy women’s words and effort because the mere presence of them makes you feel angry. PEAK FUCKING TRANS! Here is a link to the video of Trans protesters destroying and stealing from the Vancouver Women’s Library. https://vimeo.com/202847662
The group GAG (how porny is that) aka Gays against Gentrification ( a mostly, if not all white group) has a lot of responsibility when it comes to the harassment of the Vancouver Women’s Library. This is a post from their Facebook page which they demand the removal of specific books ( and they claim that radical feminists are ‘fascists’ and act like the ‘christian right’, the irony!)
*This note is being shared by GAG on behalf of a group composed of sex workers, trans women, IBPOC, queers, and people in solidarity with them, in opposition to the opening of the Vancouver Women’s Library. This note is to be copied and shared by other groups in solidarity with those leading the action this evening*“We are writing this list of demands in response to the opening of the Vancouver Women’s Library. With the ongoing violence against trans women, sex workers, and IBPOC (Indigenous, Black, and People of Colour) perpetuated by one of the main organizers paired with the exclusion of work that centers trans women and sex workers we came together as a group including: sex workers, trans women, POC, queers, and people in solidarity. We demand the following, because there is nothing radical about replicating settler-colonial violence, transmisogyny, and whorephobia*.*If you are not a sex worker this term is not for you.TERF (Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminism) : Trans Exclusionary Feminism, also known as Trans Women Exterminationist Feminism, is a loosely-organized group with a message of hate and exclusion against transgender women in particular, and transgender people as a whole. They have attached themselves to radical feminism as a means to deny trans women basic access to health care, women’s groups, housing, jobs, support services, restroom facilities, and anywhere that may be considered women’s space. TERFs are complicit in the deaths of trans women, by outing them, promoting the denial of needed government services, and creating the myth of trans women as sexually predatory men in disguise.SWERF (Sex Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminism) : Sex-Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminism or SWERF, is a group who advocate for criminalization of sex work, see sex work as inherent exploitation with no recognition of autonomy and agency of sex workers and seek to control people’s bodies much like the state. They enact violence on sex workers by working to deny their access to resources and support. They work alongside the colonial government to pass bills that do direct violence to sex workers, such as, Bill C-36 (see inside).OUR DEMANDS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY TO THE ORGANIZERS
- The library needs to be transparent about its funding, organizing policies and affiliations with other institutions, both within the academic system and outside of it.
- The library must elect a new board that is comprised of women that reflect the breadth of experience in our community, so that the organizing committee is not entirely cis and white.
- The library needs to have a policy of not featuring titles that are written by non-trans women and non-sex workers that dehumanize, speak over and advocate harm towards trans women and sex workers. We have enclosed a list of books from the catalogue that perpetrate these issues.
- The library needs to include a vast array of books written by women of colour, sex workers, incarcerated women, and trans women about their lived experiences. We are currently compiling a comprehensive list of suggestions that we will share when the other demands are met.
- Current organiser Em Laurent must step down as an organizer and end her involvement with the library because her presence is not safe for community members and after years of violence enacted against women, sex workers and queers, accountability will be a very long process.
- The organizers must also enter into a public meeting with the communities that it aims to serve to discuss the harm done to marginalized women in the community and how the library can move forward.CONTEXT
- Transparency about funding and affiliations is important as historically all of the organizers have been linked to an organization that does not support trans women, active drug users, or active sex workers and collectives that call for the exclusion of trans women and femmes, abolition of sex workers rights, and that center a feminism that excludes anyone who is not white, cisgender, or doesn’t fit into western constructs of womanhood.
- We don’t need another Mich fest! Cis white women are the beneficiaries of white supremacy. People who are the most affected by police brutality, settler colonialism, racialized violence, incarceration, gentrification, sexual violence, ableism and houselessness can and should be the people creating safer spaces for those most impacted by these experiences.
- TERFs and SWERFs are complicit in violence against sex workers and trans women and it is imperative that we do not let this violence go unnoticed. The same ideology and praxis of hate is present and replicated in right-wing/alt-right/neo-nazi organizing. TERFs and SWERFs organize for the same violent policies and work in partnership with right-wing hate groups to replicate settler-colonial white-supremacist constructions of cisheteropatrarchy that outright reject, erase, and deny IBPOC sovereignty, body sovereignty, and all peoples that do not fit under euro-centric nativism. VWL has employed a number of tactics to undermine our requests for accountability. We ask supporters, organizers, and those not directly impacted to interrogate the tactics being employed with mainstream and social media. Organizers refuse public conversations, won’t engage with those who are directly impacted, and refuse to speak to the violence they have enacted with the VWL and organizing outside of it. Their use of ‘self-identified women’ as a shallow tactic of distraction. The moniker ‘self-identified’ is used by cis women as a move to innocence from their complicity in violence against trans women. It is used to mark trans women as ‘Other’ and centre themselves again as victims of patriarchy. This will not stand. To be a women’s space is to be open to all women, and specifically, to women who systemically experience the most violence. To be a woman’s space and build community is to be accountable and to step back to do work when you’ve done harm. Organizers have continually dodged and avoided both.
- It is vital to move beyond basic inclusion and instead focus on centering the experiences of those of us most marginalized by systemic violence. Including books written by women of complex marginalized intersecting identities.
- We request that Em Laurent steps down as an organizer in respect to the countless trans women, sex workers, trans people, IBPOC, and queers she has done direct personal harm to and the violence she has enacted through systems of oppression (abolitionism, transmisogyny, violence, and white supremacy). We ask for transparency from organizers of VWL in regards to acknowledging those of us affected by her participation in TERF and SWERF organizing against us. As of yet, none of the organizers have engaged in dialogue about the multitudes of violence committed against our communities over many years and instead have insisted we are doing harm to a woman for acts of the past. We know that historicizing violence as issues of the past* is used to secure and further systemic violence. If Em wishes to move on from past acts of violence she should step down as an organizer and engage in accountability processes with the communities and peoples she has harmed. Lack of accountability is not an option. VWL will not be a safe space until the people enacting violence on our communities step back. *See below for acts of harm. We recognize that organizers have started denying that they are TERFs and SWERFs and have documentation of their acts of violence, exclusionary ideology and praxis, along with personal experiences and experiential knowledge.
- At the very least the organizers of this library need to be accountable to the communities they are both looking to serve as well as the communities they have/are actively harming through their lack of transparency, centring of whiteness, and the erasure and silencing of trans women, trans people who exist outside of the gender binary, IBPOC, and sex workers. It is not enough to request private meetings while continuing to silence, gaslight, and harm us. We will not settle for conversations that put those of us who have experienced violence at the hands of organizers in unsafe positions. We demand for our voices to be heard and to be given the space to speak for ourselves without threats of retribution, criminalization, and dehumanizing tactics.Books to remove:-Admission Accomplished – Jill Johnston-Against Sadomasochism – Robin R. Linden, Darlene R. Pagano, Diana E. Russell, Susan Leigh Star-Amazon Odyssey: Collection of Writings – Ti-Grace Atkinson-Buddhism after Patriarchy – Rita M. Gross-The Female Man – Joana Russ-Female Sexual Sl*v*ry – Kathleen Barry-Feminism Unmodified – Catharine A. Mackinnon-First Buddhist Women: Poems and Stories of Awakening Susan Murcott-Gyn/Ecology – Mary Daly-The Idea of Prostitution – Sheila Jeffreys-The Industrial Vagina: The Political Economy of the Global Sex Trade – Sheila Jeffreys-Intercourse – Andrea Dworkin-The Lesbian Heresy – Sheila Jeffreys-Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women – Geraldine Brooks-Not a Choice, Not a Job: Exposing the Myths about Prostitution and the Global Sex Trade – Janice Raymond-Not for Sale: Feminists Resisting Prostitution and Pornography-Of Women Born – Adrienne Rich-Pornography: Men Possessing Women – Andrea Dworkin-Radical Acceptance – Tara Brach-The Sexual Liberals and the Attack on Feminism – Janice Raymond-Women As Wombs: Reproductive Technologies and the Battle over Women’s Freedom – Janice RaymondActs of ViolenceThe organizers have ties to a local exclusionary rape shelter (LERS), a TERF/SWERF organization that has caused harm in the following ways:-They are anti sex work (SW) and actively support legislation that criminalizes SWers. Specifically, they were one of the sources the conservative Canadian government consulted in their decision to implement Bill C-36 (2014). They wrote a letter of endorsement for Bill C-36 where they claimed the bill aligned with their analysis around the “exploitation of women”. While the LERS claim to want to protect marginalized women engaged in SW, their “abolitionist” approach is detrimental and does the opposite. Their savior complex is rooted in hate and violence. In framing SW as exploitative and declaring all SW as ‘inherent rape’ SWERFs reify SW and sexual violence as a ‘social’ problem erasing the systemic issues. Specifically, the impact of settler-colonial misogyny and violence on Indigenous SWers paired with the violent impacts of policing, incarceration, and colonialism without honouring Indigenous sovereignty, decolonial praxis, and anti-racist work. This bill harms sex workers by criminalizing the purchase SWers are forced to take more risks and work in hidden spaces. Bill C-36 criminalizes SW in every way possible, placing blame for any violence during a transaction on SWers. The Bill and the support from the LERS, removes agency from SWers and puts them in greater danger. Bill C-36 is a way to criminalize sex work in its entirety, under the guise of protecting the most marginalized and those being exploited and trafficked. Many have pointed out that there are ample laws in place within the legal system that prohibit trafficking.-This organization has a highly transphobic history, and current practice. They have a “women only” space policy that excludes trans women on the basis that they were not “socialized as women.” In 1995, they prevented Kimberly Nixon, a trans woman, from attending a program to train volunteers at the shelter on the basis that she “did not share the same life experiences.” Nixon filed a human rights complaint against them immediately, and in 2000, she was finally awarded money on the grounds of discrimination. However, this organization could not be satisfied, and took the case back for judicial review, attempting to prove that they were not being discriminatory, and in 2003 they were found not guilty, despite their clear discrimination and transphobia.”
Speaking on behalf of GFC alone, a group founded by lesbians — among them women of colour, working class women, immigrant women, poverty class women, survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
You are not gay. You yourselves identify as “a radical queer collective bringing a queer & trans perspective to anti-displacement and anti-capitalist-struggles.” You have cleverly appropriated the label gay to give pause to those who may object to your exercise-in-facebook-analytics-made-activism. People fear appearing homophobic for disagreeing with a group that identifies as gay.
You intentionally erase the inherent tension between homosexual identities and queer melting pot theories of gender and sexual fluidities to further your agenda that has NOTHING to do with gays or gentrification, as you so clearly demonstrated with your destructive actions on February 3rd against a women’s LIBRARY open to all.
You admit you are mostly white. As far as your previous actions, you appear to be a completely white group. You are white settler colonialists who’ve grouped together to shame, disrupt, and perform displeasure at the gentrification you see in the DTES. Okay, great, but the parties you throw, the afterhours, the punk-houses, the white sub/urban discontent you bring to the DTES – is that all good? What about your academic parents that own homes in Shaughnessy? Or do you protest gentrification so that you may continue to gentrify the DTES yourselves in your own ways.
Instead of addressing the rampant sexual violence and racism in your own “post-punk” community, you project upon women seeking to build a women’s library, in a city that’s effectively removed all women’s spaces.
“To ensure the safety and wellbeing of trans women and sex workers who access our Facebook page…” STOP. Your name is GAG. Your handle is @GAGingonit. You think this is respectful to the prostituted? You think this is respectful to survivors of sexual abuse and rape?
“We believe that gentrification is part and parcel with white supremacy and settler-colonial violence” — except when you do it? The Vancouver Women’s Library Launch was filled with women of colour, women young and old, survivors, working and poverty class women — women who were threatened, triggered, and HARMED by your actions in what was supposed to be a safe space. YOU entered and disrupted the safety of women inside. And that means nothing to you. Shame on you.
“And the denial and negation of Two-Spirit Indigenous histories and identities on these lands as being a form of erasure.” — except it is YOU who seek to categorize indigenous and non-white gender non-conformance UNDER the queer/trans umbrella, which are WHITE constructs with roots in academia. That’s neo-imperialism. Ask yourselves why are we are saying “2 Spirit” and not learning to say the specific words for each variance of gender-nonconformance in each language. You think tokenizing your couple of indigenous friends to knight for your group is de-colonizing? You create a culture of dogma and fear preventing true exploration of visceral problems that affect the very indigenous/non-white women you prop up to validate your own ideas. You think that’s solidarity? That’s coercion and mind-control.
Your demands were shameful. Your response is despicable.
Accountability. Learn it.
Please donate to the Vancouver Women’s Library. Do not kowtow to these fuckers!
ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER ACT OF WORD BASED VIOLENCE!!! STUNNING AND BRAVE Antoine Naskathey (sorry for using your DEAD NAME) escaped from his halfway home in Vancouver. Naskathey, who has over 50 convictions dating as far back as 1994, was on a six year supervised order after being convicted for breaking into women’s homes and raping them.
“He was convicted for breaking into homes and sexually assaulting female residents between 2001 and 2009…Police say Antoine is a ‘gender variant’ and sometimes identifies himself as female. He is described as Aboriginal, 5’10” tall, weighs 161 lbs, and has long brown hair and brown eyes. at 11:55 am Saturday: Antoine Naskathey has been arrested on SkyTrain in Burnaby, thanks to the keen eye of a member of the public.”
I’m sure it was super hard to spot the 5’10 “gender variant” man. Good job at getting the piece of shit tho. So, is Canada going to protect his “human rights” and send him to a woman’s prison, where he is obviously a threat to female inmates or are they going to send him where he belongs?